Emergn is looking to find the right person to lead our global services organization. Our unique business model is centred on delivering a mix of consulting services alongside our education system, VFQ (Value, Flow, Quality®). Since 2009 Emergn has served blue chip clients by offering them high quality services in the areas of agile and lean consulting and coaching. During that period we developed the industry’s only work-based education system for Agile and Lean in an effort to help people and organizations change the way they learn.
VFQ is researched from hundreds of books and articles from the fields of Agile, Lean, design-thinking, organisation & people change, economics, management, manufacturing and many other disciplines. Our philosophy is based on the idea that different people learn in different ways, and that the most impactful learning happens when people understand things and then get to apply those concepts directly in their own work.
The Emergn team bring together exceptional skills, invaluable experience and the insight gained from years of proven hands-on capability. We are always on the lookout for great people to join Emergn. We offer a culture founded on trust, integrity and confidence. We believe that being mindful of others and helpful in our approach is a differentiator. We also believe that educating and supporting our clients and each other to do better always results in stronger relationships and better outcomes.
As the Head of Consulting for Emergn, you will serve in a key client-facing, leadership role to help our teams deliver a great, consistent and impactful service to our clients. You will be responsible for shaping proposals and ensuring they’re delivered and that the integrity of the brand is maintained in every touchpoint of the service.
You are a professional with demonstrable experience in consulting and/or professional services. You are passionate about developing people, delivering the highest quality service to a client and helping shape the way we work. You understand the importance of getting the details right and being effective in the most menial tasks associated with consulting services.
Your success in the past has been predicated on managing consulting teams but also developing key client relationships and maintaining a level of trust that only comes from being authentic, consistent and reliable in the way you work.
This role at Emergn is a new role, with growth opportunity within a company that has developed a unique approach to helping organizations advance the learning, skills and capabilities of their people. Our education centred business has grown exponentially over the past 5+ years with global brands as customers. The opportunity to join a company in the midst of exceptional momentum is truly rare.
- Develop consistency in the way we deliver our service to clients including key assets and artifacts, reporting and the overall interactions required in executing our responsibilities.
- Work closely with the business development team to develop proposals that meet the client needs and are founded on the principles within VFQ.
- Provide support and leadership to our engagement leads and our client stakeholders to establish trust and continuity in the relationship.
- Be hands-on to lead by example and help establish the right approach and process for delivering engagements.
- Maintain an ongoing focus on improving our business, building our teams and refining how we perform our service.
- Actively support our engagement leads to coordinate account team governance including meetings, agendas, actions, risks & issues to manage internal communication for the account.
- Proactively oversee reporting at executive and management levels, internally and externally.
- Be proficient in creating required documents and presentations to ensure that we are delivering early and often on client reporting and deliverables.
- Lead the effort of proposal and contract development alongside the account team.
Networking and sharing
- Actively coordinate internally to communicate progress, share insights and ideas which have been deployed successfully at one project/account.
- Continuously monitor ways to improve our service and how we develop stronger working relationships with our clients.
- Be proactive in the community to socialize our value proposition, build key relationships and be visible.
- 7 years + experience in consulting/professional services with a known organization.
- Ability to communicate, influence and present at all levels of business, especially C-suite.
- Ability to lead by example and be hands-on.
- Ability to develop and motivate people/teams.
- Proven Relationship / Account Management experience.
- Knows how to use products like PowerPoint, Prezi or Keynote and can build quality documents related to client work.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and resourceful.
- Strong people and networking skills.
- Strong project management and project delivery experience.
- Commercially savvy and aware.
- Very committed with a high level of drive, initiative and enthusiasm.
Posted: 3 March, 2016
Location: Primarily Greater Boston area but the right candidate will be prepared to travel US wide.