Working at Emergn
Every day we work with some of the largest and best-known companies, helping them to change the way they work. Mostly we help them introduce agile and lean principles to how they define and deliver new products and services. We often help companies improve their overall business, operations and strategy to capitalise on changes in technology, customer expectations, social, digital and other trends impacting the way business is done and customers are served.
Primarily we find ourselves ‘fixing’ the way IT/Technology interacts with ‘The Business’ in order to react and respond to market demands. This means we work with people. Every day. At all levels of organizations. To help them change and improve, individually and collectively.
What we’ve learned over the years is that change is hard. And people don’t always understand why it is necessary, or what good might look like. Or what is right for their organisation. That’s why we have a focus on education and learning. We help people learn in a way that works for them, at their pace, when they want to. This means that we can build better shared understanding and help folks design their own solutions to their challenges. People at Emergn are always helping people learn, and in turn deliver amazing outcomes. In all our roles, we work with people to uncover better ways for them to deliver better outcomes to their customers.
To help this process we built a product called VFQ (Value, Flow, Quality). All our people learn these concepts, build upon them and share them with our clients so that the concepts work in context. We are always developing these ideas, and working at Emergn means you will be part of that continual improvement.
We are looking for people who have a flair for consulting and delivering an outstanding experience. You may currently be a coach, consultant or delivery manager, but your real strength is the ability to build the relationships that let you deliver the key outcomes.
- Consult to executives, managers and teams during their transition to new ways of working.
- Inspire and facilitate change at the individual and team level within the client – always working to be sympathetic to the client context and outcomes.
- Develop strong relationships with the client at all levels.
- Use the VFQ synthesis of thinking from disciplines such as Agile, Lean, Design Thinking and others to help the client build high performing teams and make change happen.
- Actively identify issues and opportunities for management action within the client, in particular performance and process improvements.
- Develop future opportunities to help the client improve using Emergn’s competencies and approach.
- Ability to shape strong programs, presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
- Expertise in agile or lean product development including the values and principles, and how they are applied in enterprise environments for product & program delivery
- Strong communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in client relationship and team building.
- 7-10 years experience in management consulting or in senior positions in an enterprise organisation.
- Highly skilled in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs.
- Ability to travel to and work at client site on a weekly basis
INTERESTING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education / training experience
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and automated acceptance testing
- Experience in a full product development lifecycle, with exposure to a wide array of technologies, methodologies and business environments.
- Expertise in one or more agile methodologies and practices (Lean, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI), and how they might be applied in a product development / program delivery environment.
Posted: 18 April, 2016
Location: The right candidate will be prepared to travel UK and EU wide for significant periods of time.
The role will require 5 days per week working on-site with the client.