Improve the way people and companies work, Forever.
We are a global team of experts who help organisations Think new, Dream big and most importantly, Act different.
Technological disruption is changing business. We help organisations evolve and adapt to not just compete in this next generation of business but decisively win.
The Emergn Way
Three values that underpin everything we do:
* We are deliberate about delighting our customers
* We care for and invest in people
* We bring new perspectives to get better results.
We empower people to continuously deliver better products, services and customer experiences. We equip people with the skills needed to drive more enduring and effective change. Helping them establish new models, new ways of working and new growth channels. Embedding the capabilities that enable businesses to perform at their peak time and time again.
We commit to our clients’ change ambitions. Supporting them with our consulting, education and delivery services which inspires the confidence to transform from the inside out.
From the board to the frontline, we work with people across all levels to manage uncertainty and accelerate organisational change. We share a total commitment to our clients’ change ambition, because we’re passionate about the impact we can deliver together.
From Walmart to Credit Suisse to the Economist, we work with some of the world’s most iconic companies, helping them change from within to bring better products and services to market each and every time.
Overview of the role of Client Partner
We have a requirement for multiple experienced client partner level individuals. We are looking for client leaders that bring a mix of business development, engagement management, and relationship management experience; who thrives in helping clients reorient their ways of working to meet challenging performance goals in this new economy.
As a global services company, one of our unique differentiators in the market is a focus on growing quality clients vs. quantity of clients.
This role will involve business development and will require an individual that brings years of proven success, in not only growing the business for a services led organisation, however also in relationship management; A principle that is foundational for how we operate as a company.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work directly with senior-level business and IT leaders in a large multi-national organisation. It also offers an opportunity to work alongside members of the Emergn team developing inspirational change programs based on our focus on Value, Flow, and Quality®.
* Are you someone who builds deep and lasting relationships with your clients?
* Do you believe there are better ways of working than the traditional and orthodox that appear in most large enterprises?
* Are you someone who can build exceptional spirit within a client and with your team and are willing focus and commit to deliver outstanding
* Are you someone who can inspire change in others?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then this role is for you.
As a Client Partner, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with our clients to help shape a transformation program that uses techniques from Agile and Lean philosophies.
- Developing new methods to better connect with customers and be more responsive to their needs, enabling them to transform the way they examine the value of ideas and how those ideas flow through their governance, product development, marketing, sales and software delivery and engineering processes.
- Shaping and leading the Emergn team to deliver an outstanding service within all areas of the client.
- Identify and build opportunities to accelerate the successful rollout of positive change.
- Take a consultative approach to building a book of business and needs a high‐level of creative and strategic thinking to understand, develop solutions and document the challenges that exist with the client’s practices, processes and performance - business and technology.
- You will be required to provide visibility to the client and Emergn on the approach and progress and ensure that all the senior stakeholders are being apprised of progress and benefits.
- Proven ability in selling professional services and/or management consulting to large, enterprise companies.
- Have a good understanding of the challenges enterprise organisations face in delivering business and IT based projects, products and services and have a real aptitude to build and manage the relationship with people inside and outside of the client.
- Our client's needs range from desiring to introduce a new approach, i.e. agile, to trying to solve large, complex systemic issues, or in bringing their latest and best ideas to market. Therefore the ability to articulate and communicate in a consultative way, that is simple and effective will be important.
- You will have trusted relationships where the business development is more than just the next sale; it is also an advisory type approach, where Emergn is viewed as the organisation that will solve the problem in the best way for that client.
- Ideally you will have had real experience in inspiring change in an enterprise.
- Be comfortable having peer-level relationships with CxOs and feel comfortable working with leaders in a broad cross-section of an Enterprise.
- Ensuring the integrity of the Emergn service is always delivered to the client’s delight.
- Managing and facilitating the change program, supporting those around you whilst they try new practices.
- Inspiring change by presenting and discussing the fundamental reasons for change within the business/IT departments including how to approach it.
- Utilising the latest thinking from Agile, Lean, Design Thinking and Systems Thinking to help the client drive IT change initiatives towards organisational agility.
- Increasing value by identifying an optimal approach, creating maximum value for the customer, employees and shareholders.
- Showing initiative by anticipating risks, issues and opportunities, and raising them accordingly.
- Developing future opportunities to help the client improve using Emergn’s competencies and approach.
- Proactively identifying issues and opportunities for management action, in particular performance and process improvements
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of solid experience in a client partner and/or engagement management role or equivalent in a Senior role within an Enterprise, including at least 5 years managing a sales pipeline.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of management consulting or equivalent experience.
- Experience in leading client, vendor or 3rd party relationship building.
- Highly skilled in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs.
- Expertise in one or more agile methodologies (Lean, Kanban, XP, Scrum, TDD, CI) and how they can be applied in a product development / program delivery environment.
- Ability to shape strong presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
- Have a good appreciation of IT based products and services with experience in a full software development or project management lifecycle.
- Experience navigating the market to uncover new opportunities for Emergn professional services.
- Proven success with large, enterprise clients (no specific industry sector required).
- Ability to learn complex concepts to sell in a relationship-oriented, thought-leadership way.
- Exceptional relationship manager with attention to quality and detail.
- Self starter that can operate effectively in a global, virtual start-up organisation.
- Capable of doing the necessary administrative and sales process work where needed.
- Ability to travel on a weekly basis.
Desirable skills and experience
- Understanding and interest in how technology trends are challenging traditional business.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, or other process improvement frameworks.
- Experience of economic and financial analysis skills.
- Well versed in Enterprise Architecture and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
- Experience of standard process implementations (ISO, SOX, ITIL etc.).
- Offshore and SLA management knowledge.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read and want to learn more, please apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.