“…one of the best Agile projects we have seen in flight in government to-date, and can be seen as an exemplar of the benefits of working collaboratively in an agile way.” – Government Digital Service (GDS) Review, May 2016
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) is an executive agency of the Department for Transport. DVSA’s purpose is to help people stay safe on Britain’s roads and deliver their vision for safer drivers, safer vehicles and safer journeys. Each year, DVSA has more than 47 million interactions with users of their services.
In 2015, with the help of Emergn, DVSA identified the opportunity to deliver better value to their users and embarked on a journey together, moving towards an enterprise service management model and product-oriented business structure.
DVSA followed an incremental change approach, allowing them to gradually change the mindset and culture of their people and put in place an end-to-end operating model around delivering digitally enabled services. This transformed DVSA from a supplier-led to a more user-centred, value-driven and design-focused organisation.
In this webinar, Emergn’s Nikos Papadellis (Director of Public Sector), DVSA’s James Munson (CIO) and Alex Fiddes (Programme Delivery Executive) shared their digital business transformation journey and how DVSA:
- Is transforming into a digitally enabled service organisation
- Became a leading force in digital and cloud-based services
- Built their new internal digital delivery capability from scratch
- Was the first Government agency in the UK to host a large transactional service on AWS
- Reduced the mean-time-to-production of a release from months to days