UK - Nationwide
Principal ConsultantFull-time - Consulting
We are Emergn. Our mission is to improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
Every day we work with some of the largest and best-known companies, helping them to change the way they work. Mostly we help them introduce agile and lean principles to how they define and deliver new products and services. Often we also help companies improve the overall business, operations and strategy to capitalise on changes in technology, customer expectations, social, digital and other trends impacting the way business is done and customers are served.
Primarily we find ourselves ‘fixing’ the way IT/Technology interacts with ‘The Business’ in order to react and respond to market demands. This means we work with people. Every day. At all levels of organisations. To help them change and improve, individually and collectively.
What we’ve learned over the years is that change is hard. And people don’t always understand why it is necessary, or what good might look like. Or what is right for their organisation. That’s why we have a focus on education and learning. We help people learn in a way that works for them, at their pace, when they want to. This means that we can build better shared understanding and help folks design their own solutions to their challenges. People at Emergn are always helping people learn, and in turn deliver amazing outcomes. Be that as a trainer, a coach, a consultant or any other role, we work with people to uncover better ways for them to deliver better outcomes to their customers.
To help this whole process we built an education product called VFQ (Value, Flow, Quality) to share the learning. All our people learn these concepts, build upon them and share them with our clients so that the concepts work in context. We are continually developing these ideas. Working at Emergn means you will be part of the continued development.
Specific Characteristics for a Principal Consultant
As described above we work with people who have the ability to educate and help companies change or deliver the outcomes they need. We are looking for people who have a flair for consulting and delivering an outstanding experience. Our team members can be trainers, coaches, consultants and delivery managers.
- Engage at early discovery of client challenges and provide the recommendation of Emergn solution.
- Partner with client to define and drive implementation of change plan, anticipating and identifying and removing / escalating blockers as required.
- Coach, train, lead and mentor teams, managers, executives during their transition to new ways of working.
- Qualify knowledge levels within Emergn team and coach / lead and mentor consultants in delivery of our solutions
- Ensure the integrity of the Emergn service is always delivered and working in collaboration with the Engagement Lead and wider Emergn team to improve Emergn products and solutions.
- Develop strong relationships with the client at all levels.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships that enable quality delivery
- Proven broad and deep ability to deploy multiple agile methodologies to deliver value in complex organisations across all levels (Portfolio, Product and Team)
- Proven ability to deploy agile portfolio and product management / development practices to drive value for complex organisations
- The ability to 'get things done' by deploying excellent influencing, communication and facilitation skills
- Proven ability to inspire and coach / mentor change in others in complex organisations
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role (7-10 years previous experience)
- Consulting experience in management consulting, change or senior positions in large, complex enterprise environments
- Large scale enterprise change initiatives
- Line management of Senior Consultants to support their performance and career development
Travel: Our teams often need to be on client site 4‐5 days per week, so flexibility to travel is important.