US - Nationwide
Business Development ExecutiveFull-time - Consulting
Improve the way people work. Forever.
Emergn is a professional services company focused on digital business and committed to helping organizations think new. Dream big. And most importantly, act different. Technological disruption is changing business. We help organizations evolve and adapt in a digital world to not just compete in this next generation of business but decisively win. However, “The most disruptive factor in the market today is not technology – it is actually the customer”. Recognized by Gartner, globally, as one of the three Bimodal Enablement Consulting Services (BECS) Challengers, we empower people to continuously deliver better products, services and customer experiences. From Walmart to Credit Suisse to The Economist, we work with some of the world’s most iconic companies, helping them change from within to bring better products and services to market. Each and every time.
The Emergn Way
Three values that underpin everything we do:
We are deliberate about delighting our customers.
We care for and invest in people.
We bring new perspectives to get better results.
We commit to our clients’ ambition to change. Supporting them with our consulting, delivery and education services which inspires the confidence to transform from the inside out.
We equip people with the skills needed to drive more enduring and effective change. Helping them establish new models, new ways of working, and new growth channels. Embedding the capabilities that enable businesses to perform at their peak. Time and time again.
From the board to the frontline, we work with people across all levels to manage uncertainty and accelerate organizational change.
Business Development Executive
Our Business Development Executive builds the Emergn market position in the US by identifying, developing, negotiating and closing/winning new business. This role supports and executes the sales strategy and efforts for both new client target acquisition and existing clients with a focus on growth and profitable revenue. This highly visible role is directly responsible for building trusted relationships, a robust sales pipeline, and achieving a sales quota. This is a hunter-individual contributor professional sales role with ownership of building sales in our expanding NA market.
- Personally drives strategies, tactics and account plans to identify, qualify and close new clients to meet sales, aggressive growth and revenue targets.
- Actively manages an effective sales process including: qualification; assessment of potential client needs; presentation of solutions; and expeditious closing of business via contracts.
- Independently develops selling strategies and effectively interfaces regularly with executive levels and decision makers to current and prospective clients.
- Creates and conducts professional sales presentations to fully explain the Emergn value proposition to prospective clients. Ensures audience includes decision makers, influencers, and where possible, those buying the service.
- Provides current and meaningful sales pipeline and forecast information to the organization. Ensures CRM is updated properly and timely.
- Works closely with clients and internal resources on contract negotiations. Facilitates conversations and promotes win / win collaborative efforts to close proposals.
- Manages client expectations appropriately to ensure a relationship of mutual value and trust.
- Works closely with Client Partners and Delivery organization to ensure full understanding and seamless transition of commitments related to completing Statements of Work.
- Builds internal and external industry networks to remain current on industry trends.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years successful experience closing large, multi-year professional services engagements and achieving or exceeding sales quota targets.
- 10+ years of successful enterprise sales experience with a focus on solutions selling. Deep understanding of both delivery (IT services / application development) and management consulting services and the related sales process.
- Polished, supremely professional with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Understands how to navigate within large, complex organizations and how to identify key influencers and decision makers.
- Self initiative, strong work ethic and desire to win.
- Strong EQ skills.
- Ability to work very independently and remotely with a mindset of actively doing not delegating.
- Strong reputation for building and maintaining long standing trusted business relationships with an expansive network of C level executive and decision maker.
- Ability to assess client business needs and articulate ROI and value add solutions.