Russia - Nizhny Novgorod
Engineering ManagerFull-time - Engineering
What you will be doing:
- Drive project(s), sub-project(s) or stream(s) with average team size of 10-35 FTEs. Be responsible for delivery of required module(s) or solution(s), communication with the customer and handling all the project related delivery matters;
- Take a proactive part in suggesting technologies, tools and approaches, advocate the best engineering practices and tools for effective use. Contribute best practices & processes as well as delivery management knowledge back to the company;
- Be responsible for technical staffing matching people for successful project delivery. Facilitate reporting including milestones and resource allocation;
- Control financial performance of given projects;
- Contribute to the presales: estimations, architecture reviews, and documentation;
- Evaluate team and individual performance, manage staff professional growth and promotions. Track employees' motivation and attitude, respond effectively in case of issues.
What we are looking for:
- At least 8 years of experience in IT and at least 5+ years in positions of Delivery/Team Lead, Solution / Systems / Enterprise Architect, Project/Program Manager;
- Strong, proven experience in software engineering with ability to deliver sustainable solutions;
- Proven track record in managing delivery engagements end-to-end on teams averaging 10-40+ FTEs in total, or connected with high visibility and high business impact projects;
- Experience in governing project delivery across the board of all stakeholders. Strong in handling complicated engineering issues, people development, assuring quality and timely delivery. Experience and up-to-date knowledge of design and implementation of end-to-end solutions;
- Experience with outcome based setups, delivering on hard commitment and fixed timelines;
- Have a deep, structural knowledge of the best engineering practices and the ability to apply them on the ground;
- Able to follow the project process based on a real need. Is a hands on practitioner of selected or multiple industry recognized software development and service delivery methodologies including, but not limited to Agile, Lean, Waterfall etc. Strong in effort estimation, planning and scheduling delivery;
- Handles direct line communication with the client on behalf of a team or a project deliverables;
- Skilled in handling conflicts and taking on responsibility;
- Proactively manages client request on delivery targets, resourcing. Handles direct customer relations, on the matters of delivery, team performance and the project timelines, schedules.
- Developing international hi-tech products;
- Official employment and salary;
- Extended healthcare plan after probation period;
- Professional and career development opportunities;
- Free English courses in the office;
- Internal and external training;
- Professional certification;
- Relocation program;
- Process flexibility;
- Flexible work hours;
- Conference participation;
- Corporate events: all sorts of fun activities for employees and their children (ideas are always welcome);
- Playroom with kicker;
- Cozy kitchens with fresh fruit, cookies, tea, and coffee;
- No dress-code;
- Modern office.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.