Russia - St Petersburg
Big Data ETL DeveloperFull-time - Engineering
We are looking for a skilled ETL developer to join our cloud solution team. The ideal candidate has an eye for building and optimising the ETL system and will work closely with our systems architects and data engineers to help extract, transform, aggregate and store the data within the data pipeline and ensure consistency of data delivery and utilisation of reporting and data analytic systems.
- Work closely with system architects and data engineer to create and optimise the architecture of ETL system
- Design and build the ETL tools to extract, transform, aggregate and store the data
- Always angle for greater efficiency and robustness of the ETL process to support big volume of data flow among different data systems.
Our expectations from you:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar ETL role
- Experience working with and extracting value from large, disconnected and/or unstructured datasets
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases, especially SQL Server and Hive
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
Experience required with the following tools and technologies:
- Major Hadoop ecosystem distributions such as HDP, Cloudera etc. HDP is preferred
- Public cloud such as Azure, AWS etc. Azure is preferred
- JSON document processing
- Apache Hive and HBase, Microsoft SQL Server
- Apache NiFi, Kafka
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java etc.
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Opportunities for professional and career growth
- Flexible working schedule
- Friendly dynamic international Agile team
- Comfortable office close to Moskovskaya metro station with free shuttles
- Company-paid car and bicycle parking
- Fruits, snacks and fully equipped kitchens in the office
- Recreational zones, play-rooms
- Voluntary health insurance for employees including dental services and a doctor in the office
- Training programs, including English and French classes
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences, external courses, and seminars
- Help in relocating from other regions.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.