Russia - St Petersburg
Global Communications DirectorFull-time - Business
We are seeking a Director of Global Communications with high energy and enthusiasm, who possesses strategic and creative communications expertise across a broad range of Human Resources, business, and employer branding communications programs. You will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of employee communications across Emergn, with the goal of connecting the company’s 700+ employees across 12 offices and six countries to its strategy, mission and culture. Additionally, you will have responsibility for marketing activities in our St. Petersburg and Nizhny Novgorod offices with regards to internal and external events to support the development of the brand including but not limited to recruitment events, professional associations and internal training and social activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience driving successful employee communications in a matrixed and distributed corporate environment. Critical to success will be the ability to build and nurture effective working relationships with executive leaders of Emergn’s lines of business and functions, as well as key partners across the business, particularly within Human Resources and IT.
The Director will lead and enable a small but talented team of communications professionals to do their best work every day, providing leadership and coaching, while also operating as an individual contributor.
- Develop and manage the execution of a strategic plan for company-wide internal communications, including but not limited to corporate strategy, HR initiatives, employee benefits, and other organizational changes that facilitate employee connection to our goals and mission.
- Drive the integration and adoption of multi-channel communications, integrating new media, technologies, etc., as appropriate, to help communicate messages to our rapidly expanding employee base.
- Be a culture champion and independently identify opportunities to protect and enhance culture as our company continues to grow
- Partner with IT and functional business owners to develop and optimize an Intranet platform, including the development of strategies to ensure ongoing maintenance.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and consistent with external communication messages.
- Assist with planning of company events to drive employee engagement and alignment to corporate goals; own events in local market (e.g. annual holiday party)
- Implement metrics to evaluate effectiveness of communication plan delivery within their aligned functions/business units. Use metrics to inform strategic plans on how to improve, enhance or innovate future communications. Continuously improve and find opportunities to measure communication effectiveness.
- Partner with human resources and functional leaders to create local recruitment marketing activities, content and campaigns —building the employer brand that produces awareness and draws high quality candidates to Emergn.
- Design local programs and events to optimize the employee experience and develop an environment of a great place to work.
- Manage and empower two direct reports, including coaching, career development, regular feedback and performance reviews, among other leadership responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10 years' experience in communications, with background in internal communications
- Experience with facilitating internal communications at high growth, multi-site organizations
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous responsibilities and/or projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Strong program management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute enterprise communication strategies
- Experience managing event operations and logistics; working with stakeholders, planning schedules, budget management and negotiating vendor contracts if applicable
- Willingness to think creatively and suggest new communications initiatives and channels to achieve communications objectives
- Proven ability to work independently, take ideas from concept to execution
- A 'roll-up-the sleeves' attitude to execute and ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing priorities
- Bi-lingual Russian & English, Lativian a plus