Boston - Boston
People and Culture US/UK Business PartnerFull-time - Business
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services firm. We are passionate about helping companies build better products. We do this by helping them place their customers at the heart of what they do and by improving their way work works, generating lasting capability within their organizations. We are privileged to work with interesting companies all over the world and this work is fast-paced, rewarding, often fun and never boring!
What role does People and Culture play?
As a services firm, our people are critical to our success. Our work is complex - solving our customer’s hardest problems is both stimulating and challenging. We have to be the best example of what we teach and to do this we need to develop a talented team and embed a high performance, learning culture. People and Culture are responsible for leading this work across Emergn, ensuring our focus remains guided by the needs of our customers.
What jobs will you do to make this a reality?
As the People and Culture Business Partner for UK and North America, working with key stakeholders and your People and Culture colleagues, you will make it easier for Emergn to:
* Become the company we want to be by being deliberate about instilling the values of the Emergn Way in all we do
* Hire and retain great people by working with our global Talent Acquisition team to improve our approach to talent identification and recruitment and support local activity
* Working with our global Talent Development team, enable Emergn’s people to do great things by supporting their skills and capability development, ultimately helping them to develop a career that they will look back on as a great decision
* Reward great work by working with our global Reward function to develop relevant and attractive compensation and benefits packages and support their implementation locally
* Help those who don’t want to or are unable to contribute to Emergn’s mission and values move on from Emergn in a professional way
* Scale and grow by implementing HR policies, practices and systems that comply with local laws, regulations and best practices
You will also provide support and coaching for UK /NA line managers who need to deal with people-related issues, escalations and grievances and will be a conduit to other teams responsible for payroll and other people administrative functions.
There is a lot to be done and some of it will be complex. You will learn and utilise our proprietary VFQ guiding principles and essential practices to ensure value is delivered early and often and you will be a role model for the Emergn Way principles and behaviours.
What skills, capabilities and experience do you have that make you a great fit for this role?
* You are a true HR generalist, with a proven understanding of the many different responsibilities of the function (including employment law, talent acquisition and development, performance management, workforce planning, diversity and inclusion, well-being, reward, compensation & benefits) in the UK or North America
* You have proven experience in supporting the development of organisational culture in a global context
* You are able to build strong relationships within your team and with the stakeholders across the business to enable the development of our people
* You thrive in a developing organisation, driving the implementation of new practices in a way that supports the local teams to do their best work
* You work well in global teams, know how to contribute to the development of global practices and be responsible for their local implementation
* You are a natural facilitator of change and are able to adapt your style to suit the individuals and the situations you are working in
* Coaching is a key strength of yours and you deploy it to support improvements in performance
* You have been successful in leading teams and developing competence in others in HR functions