US - Boston
Head of Global MarketingFull-time - Business
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. Our mission is to improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We’re passionate about improving the way people work and are motivated by an ambition to help businesses innovate. People make the biggest difference to business performance. That’s why, at Emergn, we focus on educating and empowering employees to deliver change from within. We do this through a unique and proven combination of consulting, education and product delivery services.
From the start, Emergn has sought to create lasting, positive change by supporting the people who drive innovation forward. Over the years, we’ve added new talent, capabilities and services so that we can continue to deliver exceptional work to global corporations. Our consultants understand the strategies, tools, and processes that enterprises often want to adopt, and rather than recommend generic bolt-on solutions, we take an inside-out approach to implement long-lasting change from the ground up.
We bring that change to life in innovative products and services that we co-create with our clients. Our engineering team has more than two decades of experience delivering tailor- made solutions across a variety of technology platforms and languages.
Through our educational program VFQ (Value, Flow, Quality), the industry’s only work-based learning approach to scaled digital transformation, we teach companies how to transform on their own. We commit to their journey as a core partner, because we expect the change to stick.
As a result of exceptional growth in 2018 and continued steep growth plans for 2019 and beyond, we have an exciting, brand new opportunity for a dynamic, innovative Head of Global Marketing, to be based from our Boston, MA offices.
We are looking for an individual with not only the seniority of a Head of Global Marketing, however also for that person that wants to be "hands on" in the role, to create and deliver exceptional results.
This role requires someone with experience in developing a global brand in the IT professional services market. Our teams are spread across several countries with an existing marketing team in place across the UK, Latvia and Russia.
This is not only a role that demands excellent communication and organizational skills, like most senior roles, but one that requires vision to see past the common buzzwords and trends. Emergn is changing the way people and companies work and this means that our external and internal marketing efforts must connect the work with the emotional and intellectual impact that we see in our client’s and team members every day.
As a global services company, one of our unique differentiators in the market is a focus on growing quality clients vs. quantity of clients, a principle that is foundational for how we operate as a company. This role will support this principle both through first hand know-how around business development and relationship management, As the head of marketing, there will be three core goals:
● Grow our brand to create awareness in our core, enterprise markets
● Tell our stories and communicate our culture to become a sought after place to work
● Build a marketing operation that attracts new leads and nurtures them to support our business development efforts.
On top of that, you will develop and deliver the marketing and communications plan for Emergn’s services and solutions. You will provide strategic marketing expertise to the executive management team and manage marketing support team members and suppliers.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to work directly with senior‐level business and IT leaders in an ambitious growing multinational organization. It also offers an opportunity to work alongside members of the Emergn team developing inspirational change programs based on our focus on Value, Flow, and Quality®.
Our client's needs range from desiring to introduce a new approach, i.e. agile, to trying to solve large, complex systemic issues, or in bringing their latest and best ideas to market. Therefore the ability to articulate and communicate in a consultative way that is simple and effective will be critical.
- Working with executive management to establish marketing goals
- Developing and executing marketing plans and communication programs, including actionable quarterly initiatives to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of Emergn’s offerings
- Serve as the key Marketing business partner to successfully craft an ABM Strategy across all marketing channels (online and off) and engage target accounts, moving them through the buyer’s journey to drive pipeline and revenue, analyze performance of activities and activate proper ABM motions.
- Determine and implement required marketing automation tools to establish a clear ABM architecture, monitor for buyer intent in the targeted markets, activate proper ABM motions to target accounts.
- Generating a positive brand for Emergn as a thought-leading proven supplier in our chosen markets
- Partner with the leadership to define the marketing funnel, MQLs and implement processes which optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rate and increase marketing funnel effectiveness.
- Researching, analyzing, and monitoring financial, technological, and demographic factors that affect the market to ensure new market opportunities are recognized and solutions marketed to meet those needs
- Ensuring effective monitoring of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives is within designated budgets
- Working with relevant analysts to communicate Emergn’s value proposition
- Planning and managing the group’s advertising and promotion activities including social media, PR, events and direct email
- Working with executives and appropriate domain experts to design and produce promotional materials
- Plan, execute, and optimize multi-channel persona-based marketing campaigns and evaluate their effectiveness to generate and nurture leads through an end-to-end sales cycle
- Evaluating market reactions to communication programs to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Conducting marketing surveys on current and new services and solutions concepts
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for management action, in particular performance and process improvements
- Preparing a monthly marketing activity and performance report, as well as a marketing calendar providing transparency on current and future marketing activities
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal education; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant marketing experience.
- Experience in presenting information to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry journals and financial reports.
- Experience in developing and executing ABM strategy to target accounts, as well as multi-channel buyer persona based activities.
- Must have Marketing Automation and Salesforce technologies experience.
- Demonstrated success in a metrics-driven organization, i.e. marketing funnel conversions, ABM metrics, demand generation measurements, etc..
- A track record of implementing an effective digital marketing tool such as Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot or others (we currently use Hubspot)
- Portfolio of previously written presentations, articles and marketing copy.
- Capable of making a strong impact in meetings, presentations, and industry events.
- Proven influencing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
- Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker.
- Capable of doing the necessary administrative and marketing process work.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering a successful marketing strategy for a Technology solutions company.
- A broad understanding of modern ways of working including, but not limited to, agile methodologies.
- Ability to shape strong presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
- Understanding and interest in how technology trends are challenging traditional business.
If you have the skills and experience and want to learn more please apply today.