Portugal - Porto
Management AccountantFull-time - Business
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
We are currently seeking a Management Accountant to join our global finance team, with the responsibility for financial accounting for our Portuguese entity.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Partner with business units such as sales and delivery, to drive accurate reporting and maximising revenue.
- Ensuring revenue recognition is in line with IFRS
- Monthly reconciliations to ensure the current period is correctly stated.
- Responsible for financial accounting for our Portuguese entity.
Skills and experience you will bring:
- Qualified Accountant, with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Accounting software experience, with Advance Excel skills.
- Experience of working within a global organisation.
- You will need to be self-sufficient, as you will be part of a global finance team, however the only finance accountant within the Porto location.
- Previous revenue and forecasting experience.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet month-end/quarter-end deadlines.
Why join Emergn:
- We care for and invest in people. We will support you on your path for success, to become the best professional within your IT field.
- Provide an environment with communities of practice, for exchanging knowledge and best practice sharing, across all of our teams.
- Give insight and practical usage of "Value, Flow, Quality" mindset via training and experience sharing among colleagues.
- Provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Hold regular performance reviews (enabling performance) and provide constructive feedback.
- Sponsor your participation in conferences, meet-ups, and other training, to help you enhance your skills.
- Offer comprehensive salary and benefits.
This is a permanent contract of employment. Salary is dependant upon experience.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status