Latvia - Riga
Senior Delivery Manager/ Engineering DirectorFull-time - Engineering
Senior Delivery Manager / Engineering Director
Engineering Director directs delivery of a project portfolio for one or several Client accounts. Primary focus is to manage project deliverables, service levels, productivity and quality, financial metrics (GM), as well as IP assets. The position requires significant interaction with account and project teams as well as other units within the Company.
Engineering director works closely and consults with the account management team, Client’s project and program management organizations.
Key project personnel, including project managers, lead analysts, system architects and test leads report directly to the Engineering Director.
The position involves occasional short travel to other Company’s offices and Client sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure project deliverables against timelines
- Define target service levels, quality standards, productivity levels and competencies; work directly with project teams to assist implementation of those and to ensure they are met consistently.
- Monitor project financial metrics and work with respective project managers to implement improvement or corrective actions if/when required.
- Define project methodology, technology stack and support tools; works directly with the project teams to promote best practices and to ensure consistency of service delivery.
- Identify improvement opportunities and recommend them to executive management; responsible for implementation of global / cross project improvement initiatives within the portfolio.
- Manage project technology direction to maximize re-use and enable cross-leverage of project assets; identify and recommend technology investment opportunities.
- Recommend promotions and compensation levels; work with Head of Engineering & SVP Global Delivery & Operations to ensure alignment between personnel, performance and compensation policies.
- Approve effort and cost estimates; lead risk management activities; provide leadership during pre- sales and new project setup activities;
- Provide regular management reports on project portfolio performance including delivery stauts, financials, staffing; chair internal governance meetings; participate in client governance processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic technology perspective, commercial acumen and strong customer focus.
- Extensive organization, communication and facilitation skills; able to interact credibly with executive
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- In depth understanding of technology and methodology concepts as related to Client’s industry and
services provided by the Company
- Willing to assume responsibility and ownership for making critical decisions (or recommendations for
decisions) related to project methodology, priorities and technology selection.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to create an open environment where conflicts as to
project priorities, technology and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner.
- Ability to instill trust, motivate and work with other people; ability to lead a team.
- Cost accounting and budgeting knowledge.
- Ability to create and deliver executive-level summary reports and presentations
- Work experience as a Project Manager in IT company at least 5 years
- Knowledge of IT product life cycle
- Knowledge of modern technologies and methodologies (at level of understanding)
Gross salary varies starting from 3500 EUR per full-time work. Final offer would depend from candidate’s previous experience, professional skills and other competencies.