Latvia - Riga
Engagement DirectorFull-time - Engineering
We are Emergn. Our mission is to improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
An Engagement Director leads one or more client engagements, delivering exceptional outcomes to our clients, via one or more of the three key offerings (Building Better Products, Improving the Way Work Works, and Advancing Business Capability). An Engagement Director works closely with Client Partners and the pre-sales team to shape and sell Emergn solutions to our clients, and with Engineering Managers & Senior Consultants to ensure success delivery of our services.
Responsibilities within the role include:
- Lead each client engagement, ensure delivery of the SoW deliverables and outcomes against agreed timelines, service levels, productivity, quality and financial metrics.
- Manage the Emergn team onsite that is responsible for delivering the engagement.
- Bringing people together, building energy and momentum.
- Identify and manage engagement key issues and risks, lead/ approve key decisions
- Plan and steer engagement delivery, ensuring that delivery represents the integrity of Emergn values, products and services.
- Set and manage client expectations
- Manage engagement financials (including staff timesheeting) to agreed targets.
- Manage engagement staffing
- Ensure alignment with client processes and policies
- Manage the creation/ retention of Emergn IP as part of the engagement.
- Identify, recommend and lead the implementation of opportunities to improve engagement value/ output.
- Approve effort and cost estimates for engagement delivery and approved scope changes.
- Conflict Resolution of escalated/ material matters with commercial/ legal implications for Emergn.
- Collaborates with client sponsors and stakeholders as needed. Provide a customer focused approach to build and maintain key relationships.
- Collaborates with Client Partner to ensure Emergn is delivering against expectations
- Keep customers and Emergn up to date and on board.
- Keeping the client informed of results, challenges and action needed for success
- Ensure the Emergn team is on-boarded to the engagement, keep Emergn team information of the client business environment.
- Work closely with the Client Partner on value propositions and commercial proposals.
- Identify further opportunities for Emergn at the client site and work with the Client Partner to realise these opportunities.
- Bring new Emergn perspectives/ thought leadership to life with practical action
- Identify the optimal approach to delivery, creating maximum value for the customer, employees and shareholders. Involve the wider Emergn team as needed to collaborate on solutions, strategy and action.Work closely with the Solution Lead/ Engineering Manager in shaping high value, deployable solutions that will meet the engagement goals and fit with the client profile. Define target service levels/ quality metrics for managing the engagement.
- Work with Engineering Managers, Senior Consultants and other Subject Matter Experts to identify and select the appropriate Emergn team (and structure) to deliver the solution.
- Manage engagement technology direction to maximize re-use and enable cross-leverage of project assets; identify and recommend technology investment opportunities.
Engagement Team People Management
- Coaching (prompt feedback, work with individuals to improve on an ongoing basis).
- Contribute to/ approve Performance Evaluations (in consultation with Engineering Manager/ Team Leads)
- Contribute to/ approve promotion/ salary review discussions.
- Staff Performance Management as required.
- 10+ years’ experience in management consulting, change or software engineering management positions in a large, complex, enterprise environments.
- Client facing / relationship management experience, including network/influencing, from Executive level to the front line.
- Excellent communication skills - presentation/ facilitation, written, verbal, from Executive level to the front line.
- Strong commercial, financial Acumen, including cost management, budgeting, receivables management.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution experience.
- Solid business acumen within general enterprise organisations.
- Project/ Program Management experience.
- Excellent team and people management skills and experience.
- Organisational Change Management/ Transformation Management
- Technical Knowledge - strategic perspective.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Fluent English and Latvian speaker.
Engagement Directors are our senior connection point with our clients, and hence typically maintain a strong on-site presence with the Emergn team and client stakeholders. As such, this often necessitates travel to client sites for extended periods of time.