Russia - Nizhzy Novgorod
Senior Data EngineerFull-time - Engineering
We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer to join our cloud solution team. The ideal candidate has
an eye for building and optimising the data stream and batch data processing system and will work
closely with our systems architects, distributed computing engineers and ETL developers to help
aggregate the data stream, direct the flow of data within the pipeline and ensure consistency of data
delivery and utilisation of reporting and data analytic systems.
- Work closely with system architects and distributed computing engineers and reporting/data warehouse developers to create and optimise the architecture of the streaming data pipeline;
- Design and build the streaming data pipeline to transform, aggregate and store the data;
- Always angle for greater efficiency and robustness of the pipeline to support big volume of data stream.
Our expectations from you:
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent quantitative field and 5+ years of experience in a similar Data Engineer role
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data stream consumption, data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to project manage and work with cross-functional teams
- Experience building and optimising ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience with the following tools and technologies:
- Major Hadoop ecosystem distributions such as HDP, Cloudera etc. HDP is preferred
- Public cloud such as Azure, AWS etc. Azure is preferred
- JSON document processing
- Apache Hive and HBase
- Apache Kafka
- Stream-processing systems such as Storm and Spark-Streaming
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java etc.
- Competitive salary (discussed with a successful candidate)
- Opportunities of professional and career growth
- Flexible working schedule
- Friendly dynamic international Agile team
- Comfortable office close to Gorkovskaya metro station
- Fruits, snacks, and fully equipped kitchens in office
- Recreational zone, play-room
- Voluntary health insurance for employees including dental service
- Training programs, including English classes
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences, external courses, and seminars
- Help in relocating from other regions.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.