Portugal - Nationwide
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
What you will be doing:
- Design the overall architecture of the web application.
- Design and implementation of new features.
- Deployment and testing.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organisation.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience writing and troubleshooting database queries (especially MSSQL).
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity.
- Experience working with one or more modern operating systems: Linux, Windows, Mac OS.
- Experience working with cloud-deployed environments and containerization devops principles (Docker, Kubernetes or Chef).
- Comfortable working with and developing coding standards, applies clean code and SOLID principles.
- Strong analysis, documentation, and communication skills.
- A passion for staying on the cutting edge of software engineering tech.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written).
- Comfortable working in a distributed team across time zones.
Desirable skills to have:
- Knowledge of further code stacks/frameworks: Python, NoSQL, .NET.
- Understanding security and data protection.
- Experienced with back-end programming languages.
- Proficient experience using.
- Experience developing for both mobile and desktop.
Working environment and benefits:
- Competitive salary (will be discussed with successful candidates);
- Permanent contract for full-time employment;
- Have social security and benefits (including health insurance, additional and paid vacation days etc.) and lots of other great benefits;
- Investment in your growth, by helping you learn and apply our own Value, Flow and Quality practices and principles to deliver the right outcomes, by changing the way people and companies work, forever;
- Room for professional and career growth;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Friendly dynamic international Agile team
- Environment for active knowledge sharing and working with other experts across the globe;
- Training programs;
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences, external courses, and seminars.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind, that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes, then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.