Russia - St Petersburg
Architect / Technical LeadFull-time - Engineering
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
We are currently seeking a Architect / Technical Lead to join the team on exciting and challenging client engagements.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Drive projects, sub-projects or streams with average team size of 10-35 FTEs. Be responsible for delivery of required modules or solutions, communication with the customer and handling all the project related delivery matters;
- Take a proactive part in suggesting technologies, tools and approaches, advocate the best engineering practices and tools for effective use. Contribute best practices & processes as well as delivery management knowledge back to the company;
- Be responsible for technical staffing matching people for successful project delivery. Facilitate reporting including milestones and resource allocation;
- Control financial performance of given projects;
- Contribute to the presales: estimations, architecture reviews, and documentation;
- Evaluate team and individual performance, manage staff professional growth and promotions. Track employees' motivation and attitude, respond effectively in case of issues.
What we are looking for:
- At least 8 years of experience in IT, with at least 5+ years in positions of Solution / Systems / Enterprise Architect, Delivery/Team Lead.
- Strong, proven experience in software engineering with the ability to deliver sustainable solutions.
- Proven track record in managing delivery engagements end-to-end, with teams averaging 10-40+ FTEs in total, or connected with high visibility and high business impact projects;
- Experienced in Microsoft .Net technologies.
- Experience in governing project delivery across the board of all stakeholders. Strong in handling complicated engineering issues, people development, assuring quality and timely delivery.
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge of design and implementation of end-to-end solutions;
- Experience with outcome based setups, delivering on hard commitment and fixed timelines;
- Have a deep, structural knowledge of the best engineering practices and the ability to apply them on the ground;
- Able to follow the project process based on a real need. Is a hands on practitioner of selected or multiple industry recognized software development and service delivery methodologies including, but not limited to Agile, Lean, Waterfall etc. Strong in effort estimation, planning and scheduling delivery;
- Handles direct line communication with the client on behalf of a team or a project deliverables;
- Skilled in handling conflicts and taking on responsibility;
- Proactively manages client request on delivery targets, resourcing. Handles direct customer relations, on the matters of delivery, team performance and the project timelines, schedules.
Why join Emergn:
- We care for and invest in people. We will support you on your path for success, to become the best professional within your IT field.
- Provide an environment with communities of practice, for exchanging knowledge and best practice sharing, across all of our teams.
- Give insight and practical usage of "Value, Flow, Quality" mindset via training and experience sharing among colleagues.
- Provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Hold regular performance reviews (enabling performance) and provide constructive feedback.
- Sponsor your participation in conferences, meet-ups, and other training, to help you enhance your skills.
- Offer comprehensive salary and benefits.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.