UK - Nationwide
Senior ConsultantFull-time - Consulting
We are Emergn. Our mission is to improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
Every day we work with some of the largest and best-known companies, helping them to change the way they work. Mostly we help them introduce agile and lean principles to how they define and deliver new products and services. Often we also help companies improve the overall business, operations and strategy to capitalise on changes in technology, customer expectations, social, digital and other trends impacting the way business is done and customers are served.
Primarily we find ourselves ‘fixing’ the way IT/Technology interacts with ‘The Business’ in order to react and respond to market demands. This means we work with people. Every day. At all levels of organisations. To help them change and improve, individually and collectively.
What we’ve learned over the years is that change is hard. And people don’t always understand why it is necessary, or what good might look like. Or what is right for their organisation. That’s why we have a focus on education and learning. We help people learn in a way that works for them, at their pace, when they want to. This means that we can build better shared understanding and help folks design their own solutions to their challenges. People at Emergn are always helping people learn, and in turn deliver amazing outcomes. Be that as a trainer, a coach, a consultant or any other role, we work with people to uncover better ways for them to deliver better outcomes to their customers.
To help this whole process we built an education product called VFQ (Value, Flow, Quality) to share the learning. All our people learn these concepts, build upon them and share them with our clients so that the concepts work in context. We are continually developing these ideas. Working at Emergn means you will be part of the continued development.
Specific Characteristics required for a Senior Consultant
As described above we work with people who have the ability to educate and help companies change or deliver the outcomes they need. We are looking for people who have a flair for consulting and delivering an outstanding experience. Our team members can be trainers, coaches, consultants and delivery managers.
Responsibilities within this role:
- Coach, train, lead and mentor teams, managers, executives during their transition to new ways of working.
- Develop and Deliver our defined solution to the customer, to improve their ways of working forever, by engaging with the customer and other Emergn Team members.
- Creates options for the customer and recommend an approach within the environment that tests the solution for fit.
- Inspire and facilitate change by presenting and discussing the fundamental reasons for change within the business/departments including how to approach it.
- Use the latest thinking from disciplines such as Agile, Lean, Design Thinking and others to help the client build high performing teams and make change happen.
- Develop strong relationships across the clients organisation
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for management action, in particular performance and process improvements.
- Ensure the integrity of the Emergn service is always delivered.
- Work with colleagues across Emergn to develop unique approaches in how we use VFQ and deliver great customer service.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in management consulting/professional services or in senior positions in an enterprise organisation.
- Expertise in agile and/or lean product development including the value and principles, and how they are applied in enterprise environments.
- Experience in one or more agile methodologies and practices (Lean, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI), and how they can be applied in a product development/program delivery environment.
- Strong communication, facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in client relationship/client facing roles, with strong team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Highly skilled in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs.
- Ability to shape strong presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
- High energy, with the ability to bring narratives to life.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and automated acceptance testing would be beneficial.
- All of our consultants are required to be flexible with travel. Typically spending 4 days per week on a client site Ability to travel across the UK and Ireland for long periods of time is essential.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
The Emergn Way
Three values that underpin everything we do:
* We are deliberate about delighting our customers
* We care for and invest in people
* We bring new perspectives to get better results
We commit to our clients’ ambition to change. Supporting them with our consulting, delivery and education services which inspires the confidence to transform from the inside out. We equip people with the skills needed to drive more enduring and effective change. Helping them establish new models, new ways of working, and new growth channels. Embedding the capabilities that enable businesses to perform at their peak time and time again. From the board to the frontline, we work with people across all levels to manage uncertainty and accelerate organisational change.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.