Portugal - Nationwide - Full-time - Engineering
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
We are currently seeking a UI Developer to join the team on exciting and challenging client engagements.
- Create and support large complex systems with lots of scenarios and use cases
- Create markup and styles: semantic, cross-browser (IE11), responsive, ADA compliant, supporting print versions
- Implement or support UI implementation work within a team framework and be adept in a dynamic environment with changing priorities and assignments
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts, QA engineers, and other team-mates
- Stay up to date with industry-standard best practices/techniques related to application development
Required technical skills:
- 2+ of experience in implementing and designing complex frontend systems & designs
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices
- Awareness of component approach, semantic markup, and their use
- Profound experience in using preprocessors (SASS, LESS), creating mixins and functions
- Ability to organize CSS-architecture and give reasons for that
- Practical background in JS / jQuery, a basic understanding of Angular JS/Angular
- Ability to adhere to project code style, reuse existing code, follow process guides
- Passion for accuracy in code and UI, pixel perfectness
- Ability to follow guidelines and current design without designers’ involvement as well as sticking to design system
- Experience in creating responsive interfaces
- Understanding of W3C WCAG web accessibility requirements
- Knowledge of creating and supporting print version
- Ability to plan, prioritize the scope of work and meet deadlines
- Experience in the basic usage of Sketch/Figma
- Excellent and effective communication skills
- Intermediate+ in English
- We care for and invest in people. We will support you on your path for success, to become the best professional within your IT field.
- Provide an environment with communities of practice, for exchanging knowledge and best practice sharing, across all of our teams.
- Give insight and practical usage of "Value, Flow, Quality" mindset via training and experience sharing among colleagues.
- Provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Hold regular performance reviews (enabling performance) and provide constructive feedback.
- Sponsor your participation in conferences, meet-ups, and other training, to help you enhance your skills.