DevOps AWS Engineer
Latvia - Riga - Full-time - Engineering
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
We are currently seeking a DevOps AWS Engineer. You will be working with technology and will work on different global projects. Typical you will work collaboratively with cross-functional team to deploy and sometimes operate our client’s systems. You will help automate and streamline operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
What you will be doing:
- Ideate, define and describe capabilities of the applications and systems.
- Design and automate manual steps and iterate in small increments through automated testing and continuous integration.
- Automate applications deployment as well as processes to make delivery more scalable, repeatable and controllable.
- Identify issues before they affect the customer experience and mitigate issues quickly when they do occur.
- Design and build alerting and notification framework to have a full visibility into applications and the underlying systems.
- Engage with members of the Cloud Infrastructure, Product and Application development teams to understand our key needs around development efficiency, , as well as platform deployment and management.
- Build and manage tools for developer support, and automated software delivery and testing.
- Keep up to date with new tools and techniques as appropriate, staying current with industry best practices.
- Work with Engineering team to implement and optimize automated solutions for deploying, configuring, updating, and monitoring our platforms.
- Use principles to influence and create new architecture standards and best-practices that improve the way our customers/partners create and manage solutions on our platform.
- Build and maintain internal documentation on properly deploying our platform, and building/managing solutions on our platform.
- Become an expert on and on how to best leverage infrastructure and services for deploying and managing our platform.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of designing and developing multi-region architecture, and deployment of business software at scale.
- Knowledge of software design patterns (microservices, messaging, distributed architecture).
- Good experience with Terraform.
- Good knowledge of traditional Ops areas of expertise: Linux, Networking, VPNs, Logging and Monitoring, Config management
- Understanding of the principles and pragmatics of dealing with build pipelines, artefact repositories, zero--downtime deployment (etc.).
- Sensitivity to (but also boldness to influence) culture and behavior across an organization.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices.
- IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience performing security assessments and analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, and extensive experience with various tools for deployment pipelines.
What will be an advantage:
- Strong experience with and NoSQL databases.
- Hands on experience with release & deployment , sys admin, configuration and debugging.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining Bash scripts for Sysadmin and maintain on-prem and cloud servers.
- Strong leadership and communication skills – Ability to enforce processes and influence engineers who are not direct ports.
- Certification is ideal.
- Proficiency in English both verbally and written is desired.
- You have at least five (5) years of IT experience and three (3) + years working around DevOps and related initiatives.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Experience with Bash, Powershell and Terraform for automated deployment and configuration.
- Nice to have Software development experience, ideally in PHP, Python or Node.
- Experience with services such as S3, EC2, ELB, ASG, Lambda, RDS, Container ecosystem – , ECS, EKS and Fargate.
Why join Emergn:
- We care for and invest in people. We will support you on your path for success, to become the best professional within your IT field.
- Provide an environment with communities of practice, for exchanging knowledge and best practice sharing, across all of our teams.
- Give insight and practical usage of "Value, Flow, Quality" mindset via training and experience sharing among colleagues.
- Provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Hold regular performance reviews (enabling performance) and provide constructive feedback.
- Sponsor your participation in conferences, meet-ups, and other training, to help you enhance your skills.
- Offer a great working environment.
- Provide competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Gross salary in the range of €2,937 - 3,584 per month, depending on the level of experience.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes then we want to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.