DevOps Specialist / Configuration Manager
Latvia - Riga - Full-time - Engineering
Improve the way people and companies work. Forever.
We are Emergn. We are a different type of services company. We are passionate about helping companies build better products.
Our work is complex. Helping our customers solve their hardest problems, in order that they can build better products, is both stimulating and challenging. To serve our clients well, we are building a diverse and talented, global team, who focus on supporting their colleagues, delighting our clients and upholding the Emergn Way with pride. In return, we are focused on providing our people with interesting and meaningful work, in an environment where they feel respected, appreciated and rewarded for their contributions.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Specialist/ Configuration Manager to join the team on an exciting and challenging client engagement.
What you will be doing:
- Working as part of an agile team following Value, Flow, Quality guideline principles and practices to provide business value to our customers.
- Work in highly collaborative environment with high performing distributed teams across the globe.
- Develop, maintain and implement CI/CD solutions across different clouds and environments.
- Work closely with developers and testers to help ensure successful product delivery.
- Write and maintain solution and process related documentation.
- Work on current process automation and monitoring.
- Provide improvements proposals and act to accelerate implementation of new technologies.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and tooling like Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Batch, or PowerShell to automate tasks, manipulate data and set-up systems.
- Solid communication skills in verbal and written English.
What will be an advantage:
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Basic programming knowledge in Java or C#.
- Experience with Cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Infrastructure Automation and tools like Terraform.
- Hands-on logging (ELK stack, Loki, Graylog, Sumologic, etc.).
- Familiar with security, DevSecOps.
Working environment and benefits:
- Support you on the path for success to become the best professional in the IT field. We care for and invest in people.
- Provide an environment with communities of practice, for exchanging knowledge and best practice sharing, across all of our teams.
- Give insight and practical usage of "Value, Flow, Quality" mindset via training and experience sharing among colleagues.
- Provide an excellent onboarding experience.
- Hold regular performance reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Sponsor your participation in conferences, meet-ups, and other training, to help you enhance your skills.
- Provide social security and benefits, including health insurance, additional and paid vacation days etc, paid car parking and/or fully occupied bicycle storage and lots of other great benefits.
Are you forward-thinking, ambitious and have an intellectually curious mind, that aspires to improve the way people and companies work, forever? If yes, then we want to speak with you.
Gross salary for this position, is between €2100 - €3600 gross per month. The final offer would depend on your experience, professional skills and other competencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.